Table of Contents
- How to make calzone with jiffy pizza crust mix?
- What is jiffy pizza crust mix?
- What is Calzone?
- How can I make calzone from Jiffy Pizza crust mix?
- 11 Different options for calzone toppings
- How to make Calzona without Jiffy Pizza crust mix?
- 10 Precautions you need to take while cooking Calzone!
- 7 things you can do with leftover calzone dough
- Related Questions
- Final Thoughts
How to make calzone with jiffy pizza crust mix?
Do you love calzones, but don’t know how to make the dough yourself? Have no fear! With a Jiffy pizza crust mix and some simple ingredients, you can have a delicious calzone in no time.
Follow the steps listed in this blog post, and your family and friends will be begging for more.
What is jiffy pizza crust mix?
Jiffy pizza crust mix was first introduced to America in 1961. This mix is designed to produce a quick, easy and delicious pizza crust. Jiffy is a brand that is popular for its extremely tasty mixes, including cornbread and pancake mix.
Jiffy Pizza crust mix is a moist and delicious pizza crust. It’s so easy to make and gives you the perfect base for your calzone. Jiffy pizza crust mix is not so expensive and you can find it at your local Walmart or another grocery store.
This pizza is found in countries such as the United States, Canada, and Australia. It is a delicious style of pizza that has been shown to have certain benefits for your health.
What is Calzone?
A calzone is a type of pizza that is folded over and packed with delicious toppings. It also makes an excellent sandwich. The calzone was first introduced in the early 16 century in Naples, Italy. It has become a tasty and popular food among many.
Calzones became extremely popular when they were introduced to America in 1925. They are typically made by folding pizza dough over meat and cheese, which is then baked or fried, but some calzones can be eaten cold without being fried or baked.
How can I make calzone from Jiffy Pizza crust mix?
What you’ll need:
1 Jiffy Pizza crust mix (orange box)
1 pack of pepperoni, thinly sliced
1/4 cup marinara sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (freshly grated)
- Prepare the pizza dough according to package instructions and roll-out to a 12-inch circle.
- On half of the dough, place a layer of marinara sauce and a layer of pepperoni slices.
- Fold over the top half of the dough to cover ingredients in the middle, pinching the edges shut with fingers or a fork.
- Place calzone on a non-greased cookie sheet and brush with melted butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the calzone is golden brown on top.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese has melted completely.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Serve with remaining marinara sauce on the side.
Calzone is delicious food that’s been shown to have many benefits for your health. Try making your calzones with this easy Jiffy Pizza Crust mix recipe. With these simple instructions, you’ll be set! Enjoy the taste of Italy!
11 Different options for calzone toppings
The sky’s the limit when it comes to different types of toppings that can be used! Check out some of these suggestions:
- Pepperoni, salami, and sausage
- Cheese (provolone, mozzarella, Parmesan, goat cheese)
- Broccoli florets or other veggies (spinach, red peppers, mushrooms)
- Sautéed spinach and onions
- Prosciutto, arugula and fig jam
- Ground beef seasoned with Italian spices
- Roasted garlic cloves and caramelized onions
- Balsamic roasted tomatoes and fresh mozzarella
- Roasted veggies (squash, peppers, onions) with garlic and herbs
- Ground sausage and roasted potatoes
- Cured meats (pepperoni, salami), diced tomatoes, and caramelized onions sautéed in olive oil.
- How much does calzone cost?
- Calzones can be quite pricey
How to make Calzona without Jiffy Pizza crust mix?
If you’re lower on money, here is a great alternative.
What you’ll need:
- 1 pack of pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (freshly grated)
- Homemade pizza dough
- Dip, cheese, and sauces are for filling your calzones.
- Just follow the same steps as you do with Jiffy crust mix.
10 Precautions you need to take while cooking Calzone!
In case you don’t have a heart of steel, here are eight things to remember:
- Make sure the calzone is completely cooked through and golden brown on top before serving it.
- Serve calzone with plenty of warm marinara sauce for dipping. This is delicious and helps cool down the inside ingredients as well!
- If you’re cooking calzones that have ingredients like cheese, make sure the inside of the calzone is cooked and remove it from heat immediately after folding it over to keep all the goodies inside!
- Only ever eat a calzone while it’s hot so that you can taste all the amazing flavors and avoid any food poisoning.
- Be sure to let your calzone cool slightly before eating it so that you don’t burn yourself and that all the ingredients have a chance to set in!
- If you’re not going to eat the calzones immediately after cooking, make sure they are cooled completely and then wrapped tightly in foil or plastic wrap and put into a sealable plastic bag, and stored in the freezer.
- Be sure to thaw your calzone before reheating it and serving it!
- Make sure you put out all ingredients on the table so everyone can fill their own calzones as they please!
- If you’re cooking for a group, be sure to multiply the ingredients by however many people you have!
- Don’t forget to clean up after yourself and put away the dirty dishes!
7 things you can do with leftover calzone dough
This is a fun recipe for using leftover dough from making calzones. Here are a few ideas for what to make with it:
Calzone cinnamon rolls
To make these roles, simply roll your leftover dough out and cut it into strips. Then, mix up some sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle them over the dough before rolling them up like a log. Bake them at 375°F for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Stromboli stuffed with deli meat, cheese, and vegetables
To make this delicious recipe, simply cut the dough into thin slices and add layers of deli meat, cheese, and your choice of vegetables. Then roll it up like a log and grill/bake until golden brown on top.
Calzone buns for hamburgers
Use your leftover dough to make some burger buns by cutting them in half and placing them on the grill and baking until golden brown.
You can make stuffed with taco meat, cheese, salsa, and sour cream to make pizza pockets. You can also use them as a substitute for regular taco shells or as a way to make a sandwich pocket!
You’re going to take your leftover dough and fry it up like a pancake. Then, fill it with eggs and cheese and any other ingredients you want in your omelet. Fold it over, fry on both sides until golden brown, and serve!
Make twisters with your leftover dough by rolling out the dough into strips and then wrapping them around a stick. Just deep-fry them in oil until golden brown, wait for them to cool off, and sprinkle with sugar!
Similarly, you can also fry your dough until it’s crispy to make tortilla wraps! To do this, spread some sugar on the flatbread and then fill it with things like deli meat, cheese, veggies, etc.
Fold one side over onto itself to fold in half and then fry each side until golden brown.
Fill your calzone with whatever you want! Get creative.
You can fill your calzone with any kind of cheese, meat, or vegetables you would like! Just remember to try and keep the inside ingredients as cold as possible so they don’t start cooking before being folded over to cook the outside of the dough.
Does Jiffy Pizza Crust come in a different flavor?
No, Jiffy Pizza Crust only comes in one flavor.
What is bread?
Bread can come from a variety of different ingredients. In general, bread is any food product that uses dough or batter and can be cooked by baking, steaming, frying, deep-frying, or grilling.
What is sandwich bread?
Sandwich bread is a type of bread that’s usually long and thin, with soft crusts. It can be sliced into several pieces and used to make sandwiches with vegetables, meats, cheeses, etc. used in the middle.
In which country Calzone is eaten the most?
The calzone is eaten in many different countries, however, it’s considered a national dish in both Italy and Malta.
How long can you keep calzone in the fridge?
You should eat your leftover calzones as soon as possible! You can keep them for up to 2 days but they won’t be as good as freshly-made calzones.
How many calories are in a calzone?
Calzones will vary depending on the ingredients that are used to make them, but they generally contain around 250-400 calories each.
In a nutshell, you can make calzone with Jeffery pizza mix without worrying about unwanted side effects. Just follow the above recipe.